Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Fundamentals of Printed Textile Design - by Alex Russell

I've got a little review for you today of a pretty neat book I just got. Hot off the presses... that is AVA publishing presses: The Fundamentals of Printed Textile Design by Alex Russell. I wish I had this book 5 years ago... as it is a sea of information for anyone who is interested in becoming a professional textile designer (or a surface pattern designer). I found many answers to questions I had no one to ask (about screenprinting for example). It reads like a well put together textbook and would be perfect for a textile design student (working on their portfolio) or anyone else curious about the process behind the printed textile.
I love this moto (last line) from the introduction: Work hard, don't mess with copyright, have fun.

3 comments:

Carolyn Gavin said...

Looks so interesting. Thanks for the info!

Heather Moore said...

ooh, tempted!

Guest said...

I can't wait to read more from you. Coquitlam Siding Repair Services